At Trademark Metals Recycling, we strive to be good neighbors, good stewards of the environment and a great place to do business. Our employees, customers, communities and environment deserve nothing less than our very best every day. We take pride in our company commitment to the:
- Culture of safety. A goal of zero accidents. Ever.
- Culture of environmental awareness. Because scrap yards help save the Earth.
- Culture of integrity. We follow strict standards for what materials we will accept.
- Culture of giving back. Supporting the communities in which we work and live.
We strive to be a good neighbor in the communities in which we do business. For example, all our facilities support local community fire departments, providing space and vehicles for firefighters training with “Jaws of Life”.
- Shriners Hospital for Children – Tampa
- The Ocala North Florida Food Drive for Brother’s Keepers
- Gainesville Touch-A-Truck
- Toys for Tots
- Good Soles for Good Souls
- All Children’s Hospital
Safer for the planet. And your neighborhood.
Of all the relationships we’ve built since 1996, we are most proud of our work with local law enforcement. All across the nation, our employees are teaming up with local police officers and elected officials to tackle the important issue of combating metal theft. For starters, we digitally record every single transaction in our facilities. Police use this information to identify suspects and help keep crime out of our communities.
Working with communities…and the people who protect them.
We are deeply rooted in the communities where we do business and are respected for our integrity. Community residents and leaders know we have strict standards for what materials we’ll accept at our facilities. For example, we have the most comprehensive radiation detection system in the industry and have received awards for our performance in this field.
Real Recycling Facts
- 2 out of 3 pounds of steel made in the U.S. is manufactured using ferrous scrap
- The United States annually recycles enough ferrous scrap (by weight) to build more than 600 Golden Gate Bridges
- Recycling 1 ton of steel conserves 2,500 pounds or iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone
- The United States annually recycles enough copper to provide the copper content for 25,000 Statues of Liberty
- If all aluminum scrap processed in the United States were used solely to produce standard soda cans, the lined-up cans would stretch 25 million miles – the distance from Earth to Venus
- In 2012, the United States aluminum can recycling rate hit a 20-year high
- Approximately 67% of the aluminum used in North America is from domestically recycled content
- Of an estimated total 700 million tons of aluminum produced in the world since commercial manufacturing began in the 1880s, about 75% is still in productive use as secondary raw material
- Scrap recycling reduces greenhouse gas emission by requiring significantly less energy to manufacture products from recyclables than directly from iron ore and by avoiding landfilling
- Energy saved using recycled materials versus virgin materials is up to:
- 92% for aluminum
- 90% for copper
- 56% for iron and steel
Sure, there are tons of environmental benefits to recycling scrap metal. Over 70 million tons to be exact – the amount of scrap recycled in the USA every year. But we think the true measure of our own environmental commitment is how we go about recycling this precious metal in the first place. How we’re continually improving our electrical and mechanical efficiencies and developing better separation processes to extract every ounce of metal in the recycling process. And how we are reducing the volume of materials sent to landfills. Our goal is zero waste.
A Commitment to Safety
Trademark Metals Recycling works to create an environment safe from industrial and environmental hazards for our employees.
Trademark Metal’s Ocala facility at 6th Street is proud to be the first ever RIOS-certified (Recycling Industry Operating Standard) scrap recycling facility in the world! The Ocala location was certified in the Fall of 2009.
RIOS is the stringent Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (QEH&S) standard introduced by The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) for recycling facilities. This certification represents our continuing commitment to Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (QEH&S). Operations that don’t excel in QEH&S are more likely to experience inefficiencies, problems, violations, and accidents.
Florida United Safety Council Performance Awards
In 2018, Trademark Metals Recycling was awarded the prestigious “Gold” Corporate Safety Award at the annual United Safety Council Banquet in the category of medium companies. This marked TMR’s 13th year of recognition as a leader in the field when it comes to the safety of our employees, visitors and customers. The United Safety Council validates winning companies through the use of an independent panel that reviews a company’s safety record, it’s achievements with regard to safety and ability to be innovative when it comes to continuously improve their safety performance.
The Nucor President’s Safety Award
Our commitment to safety helped Trademark Metals Recycling to earn the Nucor President’s Safety Award. This prestigious accolade is presented annually to Nucor affiliates with accident rates below 1/3 of the recycling industry average. Trademark Metals Recycling employees are proud to have earned this award, yet the goal remains to be even better every year.
Trademark Metals Recycling and QEH&S
All Trademark Metals Recycling facilities have a strong commitment to Quality, Environment, Health and Safety. At TMR, nothing is more important than safety; nothing. The company has ingrained into its culture the understanding that environmental stewardship is equal with all other business critical functions. Trademark Metals Recycling is committed to operating its facilities and businesses in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Taking Pride in Our Communities
At Trademark Metals Recycling, we’ve built a reputation for integrity, reliability and honesty with our suppliers. And, as a good corporate citizen, we take seriously our responsibilities to preserve and protect the environment, provide a safe workplace and give back to the communities in which we do business. We are a role model in the scrap industry, recognized as a leader in safety and environmental stewardship. As such, we provide community awareness and student education, utilize state of the art technologies, provide a safe environment for employees and customers, and strive to be as “green” as possible.